Saturday, July 17, 2010

Four Things

1. Will and Dash turned 12 weeks old on Wednesday. 12 weeks! Where has the time gone? They're turning into such big boys (they're over 14lbs each now!) - I was looking at their newborn photos the other day and couldn't believe how tiny they used to be. *sigh*

2. My little dudes are sleeping through the night! And by that, I don't just mean the technical definition of 5-6 hours at a stretch, I mean from 11pm-8am. They've done it every night for over a week now so I feel confident in saying it's turned into a habit and isn't a fluke...oh, and it is faaaaaabulous! Between an incredibly uncomfortable pregnancy and the normal sleep deprivation that comes with twin newborns, I had literally not slept that long in over nine months. BLISS!

3. I think I've mentioned that my mother came to visit us from the USA (we live in Australia) for 2 weeks back in May, and my father and stepmom just left this morning after also visiting for two weeks. It's been so good to see everyone - I hadn't seen any of my family members in several years - and I'm thrilled that they could meet our boys, but I'm also so sad that they had to go, especially since I know it will likely be at least 2 years before I see any of them again.

4. A word of warning: when you are holding your baby to your chest, and he looks up lovingly into your eyes then barfs down your shirt, if you're wearing a tank top with a built-in shelf bra, it will hold the puke like a soup bowl. So.Freaking.Gross.

0 comments:

Post a Comment