Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Guilty Mother Syndrome

Every working mother will, at one stage, feel 'that' pang of guilt. Guilt that you're not there to see your child's first steps, guilt that you wake them up from a deep sleep so you can work, and guilt that by the time you get home they are asleep in their carseat.

Sometimes, I feel so exhausted that I don't interact with Tinysaur as much as I think I should. Then I feel guilty when I am at home and she is asleep because at last I can rest. It's sad, and it breaks my heart when I scoop Tinysaur up off her playmat, take her out into the cold frosty morning and drive her to the babysitters. Sometimes all I want to do is snuggle up to her and cuddle all day in bed, reading books, playing peekaboo, and making her laugh. And who could resist this....



But through all of this, I remind myself that I am working so I can give her the lifestyle she deserves. And she will ALWAYS know that I love her and would do anything to make her happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment