Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

Mothers Day. What a weird and wonderful day that was. I was woken at 5:30 in the morning. Not by Daddysaur with bacon and eggs as I had hoped, but by Tinysaur singing and squealing her lungs out in her cot. Daddysaur was happily snoring away, oblivious to any noise Tinysaur was making, as usual. Funny how he can hear me whisper and ask him if he wants a backrub, yet can't hear the blob yelling at the top of her lungs.... Selective hearing?? Most probably!


So I got up, and I swear: I was the only mother in the world up at 5:30am with a squealing baby. Well at least it felt like that. So we watched TV and played under her swinging toy gym until 9:30 when Daddysaur finally emerged from his lovely warm bed all refreshed and ready for the day. And while he energetically played with Tinysaur, I slumped on the lounge, looking a mess and wishing it was 7pm and bedtime. But I rang my Mum, wished her Happy Mothers Day and opened my present from Tinysaur and Daddysaur: a framed family photo. How cute!! I love it.

Image Source

Lunchtime we met MIL, SIL and BIL at the park for a swing and some fish'n'chips. Got some LOVELY photos of Tinysaur on the swingset... and about ten of Tinysaur with her whole fist in her mouth and dribble from her chin to her toes. Then we went home cos Tinysaur decided to throw the BIGGEST tantrum I have ever heard.

The rest of the day.... I did housework. And it got me thinking: Mothers Day wasn't really a rest for me, but it was nice to have a day just when Tinysaur and Daddysaur could say "thanks for your hard work".

And thanks, Daddysaur, for the lovely bottle of Ricadonna, too. It went down a treat!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment